R-Tag Version Control for Crystal reports
Crystal reports files are binary files and cannot be compared directly. Until now, when you change a report, you had to keep notes otherwise you will never know WHO made the change ,
WHAT was changed and WHEN was changed. Imagine a case when a report was changed and a new bug was introduced. You know the date when the report was changed you just don't know what exactly was changed.
If you have a change log, where each change was documented, you can easily find and fix the bug. So the question is: Do you have a change log for each of your reports and are you sure it is accurate?
R-Tag Version Control keeps automatic track of report changes and is able to answer any WHO-WHAT-WHEN question immediately. You can find the differences between any report's versions in seconds. Here are some of the main features:
- Analyze the reports, including sub-reports, and create documentation
- Compare different versions of the same report
- Compare different reports
- Find the differences for any property value including report's SQL, Formulas, SQL Expressions etc. between the versions (please check the screenshots bellow)
- Search report metadata. Find all reports, which use specific table, formula, text etc.
- Lock and unlock reports to allow to be edited by one developer at a time
- Import a whole folder of reports including sub-folders
- Custom notes and attachment associated with versions. Document the change requests by adding all related documents and emails to the reports' versions.
- Quickly restore to any of the previous report versions