R-Tag R-Tag Documentation and Search
Desktop application to generate documentation for Crystal reports. Search repports metadata and find specific text, table, field, property value etc.. Find the differences between reports, which look the same but ... who knows if they are. This will take a minute with R-Tag Documentation and Search. VERY fast and simple to use, finding what is inside your crystal reports is not a week long project anymore. This tool is build on top of R-Tag Crystal Viewer, so you can search and document your reports, but you can also run them.
- Text fields, SQL Expressions, Formulas, Formatting formulas
- Record and Group selection formulas
- Connection Database name
- Connection Server name
- Tables, Stored procedures, Commands
- Table fields
- Running totals
- Report objects
- Report properties
- Find all reports, which are using changed tables or stored procedures and run them to confirm that they are working properly.
- Compare reports like Sales_new.rpt and Sales_old.rpt to find what are the differences and to decide if you really need to keep the old report.
- Before to remove a printer from the network check if any report is using it. Crystal report is reading the page settings from the printer. If a report is using a specific printer, which is not available it will wait until timeout error is raised and then will switch to the default printer. Because of the timeout the report will become noticeable slower.
- Enforce company coding conventions. For example find all reports with saved data or paper size set to non-standard value.